• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8


Photo team in Lot


Actually, the project in Greece was supposed to start in mid-June. Unfortunately, Covid-19 thwarted our plans here and the airlines cancelled our flight. Therefore the team was looking for alternatives. Soon we decided to visit some caves in Slovenia. After consulting our contact on site and observing the weather forecast we had to discard this idea as the caves were not diveable. So a part of the team decided to go only the weekend for a trip to the mine Felicitas and Nuttlar.

The photo team around Mats, Schüssi and Heinke, as well as Aline as surface support, was however further on the search to let the planned vacation take place.

So we watched the weather and the border openings of the surrounding countries closely. For France it was clear that the borders should open again on 15.06. and the weather looked ok so far. After consultation with the filling stations in Lot we decided to risk the trip.

So on Monday we met four of us at Schüssi, loaded the cars and made our way to the beautiful Lot.

On our arrival at 23:30 in Cajarc we had to realize that our short-term booking via Booking.com didn't really work out and so we were standing in Cajarc without a place to stay. Luckily we reached Lilo from the Domain de Gayfie after all and could get a little house with her.

After a restful night, we unloaded the cars in the first morning and aligned our rebreathers. For the day a photo dive in the Ressel was on the plan. So we started around 12 o'clock at our house. When we arrived at the Ressel we could hardly believe our eyes. The whole parking lot was empty, the Célé without current. We straightened our material and jumped into the river. At the cave pool crystal clear water was waiting for us. In the cave itself we had about 8-10m visibility and it was only slightly milky. We drove with the scooters to the agreed places and tried to realize the discussed photo shoots. Again and again one of us found a place and an idea for some pictures and so we took pictures in the cave for almost 2 hours. We also tested different light possibilities. We finished the evening with delicious wine and cheese.

The next day the St. George was on the schedule. We also wanted to visit the St. Saveur and see how the conditions are. Also at the St. George we were the only divers. Our plan was to scooter with the scooters until about 1km into the cave at 75m. Of course we also took the camera with us and put an action camera on a scooter. The St. George showed itself from its "usual" side, always a bit milky, and so taking pictures was not really something to think about. Only at the cave pool a few snapshots of the pike could be taken. Now we went on to the St. Saveur. Arrived at the pool we quickly prepared the small cutlery for a check dive. From the outside the cave still looked promising, but unfortunately we were caught up by reality from 5m depth and there was only 2-3m visibility. We dived into the cave until about 35m depth, hoping that it would get better after all. But unfortunately this did not work out. On the way back we stopped briefly at Olivier (The Cave To Be) and filled up a few bottles. In the evening we enjoyed delicious wine and homemade tarte flambée.

For day 3 we planned the deep loop at the Ressel. Arrived at the cave there was another team. We transported the needed bottles to the entrance. Unfortunately Mats back made us a little bit uncomfortable and so we decided to do another photo dive with small cutlery. Again we test different exposure possibilities and fixations of the video lights on the JJ-CCR. Afterwards we drove to the Trou Madame. On our last dive she had too little water but today the water was still standing until we entered the dive. So again we transported our bailout stages to the entrance and then walked through the river to the entrance. Again we tried to put ourselves in the limelight.

The Landenouse was on the schedule for the last day. The goal was to scooter to the former End-Of-Line at 1300m and -70m depth. We wanted to use this dive for filming and fixed video lights on 2 scooters and a camera on the third scooter. Unfortunately the camera was on strike while we were diving and so we enjoyed the brightly lit cave for ourselves. After the dive we relaxed a little bit at the pool before we thought about climbing in a cave. Quickly Marcel remembered the Emergence de Bons, in which he had already climbed 2 years ago. Of course our cave guide was lying in the apartment and so we had to search the internet for the coordinates. Finally we found them in a Wikipedia entry. In the cave itself we climbed up to the dive site, took some more pictures and philosophized how to dive here.

In the evening we prepared some of the equipment for the return trip before we finished the evening with delicious homemade burgers.

For us it was a great week to try out some things with the camera, take some nice pictures and make great dives.


Here are a few more impressions:


In this sense

Your Cavebase

Comments powered by CComment

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.